At the beginning of every month I try to produce an income report and a monthly goals post. My monthly goals reflect over last month, and discuss new ideas for the upcoming month.
Making goals for yourself is so important for success. There is no way to make improvements in your life, if you don’t know what you want or how to get there. Making goals is also a great way to motivate yourself and hold yourself accountable.
May 2017 Goals Reflection:
- Workout three times a week. FAIL! I totally failed at working out 3x a week in the month of May. I have no excuse other than I was lazy and did not make it a priority. I will try again this month!
- Hang all my artwork/pictures/mirrors around the house. Kinda Fail! We tackled the big job of hanging all the photos on the main floor of our home, but I didnt hang anything anywhere else. Take two in June!
- Meatless meals. PASS! My goal was to have a meatless meal once a week. About halfway through May I started going completely meatless everyday. I actually have not eaten meat in almost a month. I think I might be ready to go full veg-head!
- Increase side income. PASS! Although it was a small increase, I did make $20 more in side income for the month of May. Woohoo!
June 2017 Goals:
- Workout three times a week. Since I failed, I will be trying again this month. It has been 1 year since my hip surgery and I am determined to get back on my running game.
- Finish hanging artwork. I halfway failed on this one last month so I am going to try to actually complete this goal in June!
- Increase Pinterest presence for Upscale Cheapskate. Pinterest is a super powerful tool for blogs and I don’t take full advantage of it. This month, I want to make sure all my posts have Pinterest friendly graphics.
I hope my “goals” posts will encourage you to write down your goals as well. I think making a physical list can help you be more successful because it makes it more real. Do you have any goals for this month? What are your tactics for achieving short-term goals?
If you like my content, please subscribe and share!