When the alarm goes off in the morning, you probably hit snooze a couple times and then wake up late to rush to work or school. Heres a few things that can help your morning go smoothly and get your day started on the right foot.
- Go to sleep earlier! I know this sounds like a no brainer but most Americans arent getting enough sleep. It might be hard at first, but try to consistently go to sleep earlier. It will help if you make a night-time routine and stop electronics use at a reasonable hour.
- Pack your lunch the night before. When I’m late, I dont have time to put together my lunch. I end up spending money on something unhealthy instead of just taking the time to make my own lunch!
- Set a timer for your coffee. Who doesnt want hot coffee ready and waiting?
- Shower at night. Some people are totally against this but showering the night before could save you valuable sleeping time in the morning.
- Do a mini work out. I know this sounds crazy but try going a mini work out as soon as you wake up. 30 jumping jacks, 15 push ups, 15 sit ups, 1 minute plank. It only takes a few minutes and I guarantee you will feel refreshed and ready to take on the day.
- Play music once you wake up. Take it a step further and make a morning wake up playlist. It will get you pumped and energized!
- Resist the urge to press snooze. Constantly falling back asleep for another 10 minutes messes with your body’s sleep cycle. It can actually make you more tired!
- Use a Programmable Thermostat to raise the temperature in the morning. No one wants to get out of bed when its freezing cold outside of those warm cuddly covers. Spring for a programmable thermostat so the house will start warming up about an hour before you wake up! My husband and I have this Honeywell one that we love!
- Pick out outfits ahead of time. Again, anything to save precious sleeping minutes. On Sunday, pick out all your outfits for the week! You will be thanking yourself on Monday morning.
- Drink a tall glass of water. Not drinking enough water contributes to low energy levels!
Do you have any morning routines that help you wake up and get the day started?